Diet Another Day...I Wish!

“I’m just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.” — Emily Blunt in The Devil Wears Prada

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Day 2


Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. – Mark Twain

Well I made it through Day 1 without breaking down. I was a little hungrier than I should have been which means I was a little too stingy with my portions. I’ve made adjustment with today’s menu plan. I’ll report back tomorrow and let you know how today went.

Weight control advice

The Best Diet is no diet at all but a lifetime commitment to better choices!

Many studies have proven that all diets have a temporary effect! The secret to losing weight is to make permanent choices in what we do. Here we have some simple long term commitments:

• Commit to whole wheat bread
• Drink fruit juices instead of soft drinks
• Always select fruits as a dessert
• Start most meal with a large salad
• Use whole grains pasta, bread and rice
• Take longer to eat. It takes time for your body to send its satisfaction signal
• Always park your car far rather than near
• Use the stairs for anything less than 4 stories
• Think positively about all of the choices above.
Forming good habits is the answer to long term health!
|